Be swept into your dreamiest "Gone With the Wind" fantasy in this '40s wedding dress that looks even more beautiful than Scarlett O'Hara's famous white ruffle tier gown! Sheer cotton organdy twirls heavy, yet diaphanous, from the long layered skirt. Gorgeous floral embroidery is stitched throughout, scalloping every hem. The lining of the slip and bodice stops at the low-v point of the illusion neckline, where the sheerness of the fabric shows off your décolleté before gracefully capping the shoulders. Matching glovelettes and a pearl-studded headpiece bring the vintage bridal look to completion. A late-'40s to early-'50s stunner with an airy translucence that make it the perfect summer wedding gown!
~ F E A T U R E S ~
• sheer white cotton organdy
• floral embroidery with scalloped trim
• cap sleeves with wide-V illusion neckline
• basque waist
• ruffle tier skirt
• built-in slip lining
• metal zipper closure
• matching fingerless glovelettes
• matching wire headpiece
~ S I Z I N G ~
• Likely to best approximate a modern day women's size Extra Small, or 0-2. Please see exact measurements below to determine fit. Mannequin is 33" x 24" x 34". Model is 5’7”.
• Bust: 32"
• Waist: 24"
• Basque/pointed drop waist: 25"
• Hip: free
• Length from mid-shoulder to hem: approx. 61"
• Length from side of waistline to hem: 45"
Material: Embroidered Cotton Organza
Condition: Excellent! In such great condition. Underarms are pristine and the hem isn't even a bit dingy. Only things to note are a few very tiny speck stains throughout that get lost in the ruffles and embroidery. Closeups show the "worst," which aren't even very noticeable...
• front bodice
• back bodice near top and bottom of zipper
• lower-back of skirt
• back-left of skirt
We have more pictures that exceed the Etsy allowance, so please don't hesitate to ask for additional photos, measurement specifics, and other details! If you're considering this gown for your wedding day, we understand you'll want to be certain you've found The One before making such a special purchase. Or perhaps you're thinking of this dress for your rehearsal dinner or reception—its lack of train makes it perfect for dancing!
See our other wedding dresses and attire in Wedding + Bridal: https://etsy.me/2JPW5Wg
Looking for something less nuptial? Check our Evening Soirée: http://etsy.me/2flY0AJ
~~~ ••• ~~~
Socialize with us for sneak peeks, coupon codes, and more!
Instagram ~ @houseofsimpkin
Pinterest ~ pinterest.com/houseofsimpkin
• PLEASE NOTE ALL SALES ARE CONSIDERED FINAL. We’re sorry, but due to the irreplaceable nature of vintage items, we cannot offer returns or exchanges. We want you to be happy with your purchase and we understand there is an inherent risk in buying online. Please don’t hesitate to ask for more details or photos before purchasing. Consider sizing carefully and measure out clothes you already own to compare. While we do our best to provide accurate measurements and note any flaws, occasionally our scrutiny may miss something. Let us know if this happens. We are not responsible for items that are lost in the mail or held at customs. See our shop policies for more details. All packages ship USPS Priority Mail to provide an insured, expedient delivery. If you'd like a cheaper option, just message us! Thank you!