Most rare and not for the shy! A bullet bra style top thrusts your bust into the spotlight, glittering with sequins of red, blue, pink, and green. Gold Mardis Gras beads hang from the nipple points, draping over your belly with tantalizing allure, while the sparkling hip belt of the matching skirt dazzles the eye with your hip moves. Metallic stripes sparkle from the sheer black skirt, revealing glimpses of your legs with full slits that go all the way up each side. Joan Collins wore a bullet bra belly dancer costume like this one in 1955's "Land of the Pharaohs." Shimmy yam, shimmy yay!
~ S I Z I N G ~
~ TOP ~
• Best approximates: Small to Medium, or 2-6, with full pointy cups and adjustable back closure
• Bust: 34"+ with adjustable ribbon
• Cup: approx. B-D cups
• Length of shoulder straps: 11"
• Best approximates: Medium to Large, or 8-12, depending where 40" circumference belt falls on your midriff or hips
• Waist/hip belt: 40"
• Length from top of waistband to hem: 39"
ADDITIONAL SIZE NOTE: This costume was likely custom tailored to a woman who was smaller on top and curvier on bottom. We recommend measuring out a bra top and maxi skirt that fit you well and comparing those numbers to the measurements above to best determine fit, including the strap length over your shoulders. Model is 5'7" with a 32A" bust, 24" waist, and 35" hip. Skirt has been lightly clipped to model's size.
~ D E T A I L S ~
• Brand/Label: None
• Material: Sequins, beads, cotton lining in bra, sheer netting skirt
• Closure: Top fastens with a ribbon between two loops in back; skirt fastens at the side with hook and eye closures
• Condition: Excellent! One or two loose sequins (see closeup), they're barely noticeable. There was no original ribbon closure with the top, so one has been included for your costuming ease!
~~~ ••• ~~~
Socialize with us for sneak peeks, coupon codes, and more!
Instagram ~ @houseofsimpkin
Pinterest ~ pinterest.com/houseofsimpkin
• Please note we do not accept returns. Due to the irreplaceable nature of vintage items, all sales are considered final. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have sizing inquiries or if you’d like more photos! We’re happy to help you estimate a fit and provide additional details. Please see our shop policies for more information. Thank you!