Mod at its classiest! Oscar de la Renta launched his own label in 1969, after designing for fashion houses Balenciaga and Lanvin. The turn-of-the-decade lines of this stunning mini dress indicate this babydoll must have come from one of his very first collections! Glimmering with metallic threads of copper, silver, and gold, the diamond flower design of the tangerine and key lime brocade nods to the psychedelic patterns that were in vogue while retaining an undeniably high-class elegance. Three sparkling rhinestones glitter from the matching belt, and to top it all off... this sleeveless designer cocktail dress has pockets!
~ F E A T U R E S ~
• thick quality metallic brocade
• sherbet colors of tangerine, key lime, silvery white, and gold
• burnished gold lamé scalloped trim
• sleeveless with wrap style bodice
• princess seams
• fixed wide matching belt
• three decorative rhinestone buttons
• gathered skirt
• hidden side pockets
• above knee mini length
• fully lined with bra strap holders at each shoulder
• asymmetrical hidden snap closure up the front
• hook and eye belt closure
~ S I Z I N G ~
• Best approximates: Extra-Extra Small to Extra Small, or 00-0
• Bust: 32-34"
• Empire waist/top of belt: 27"
• Natural waist/bottom of belt: 24"
• Hip: up to 42"
• Length from mid-shoulder to waistline: 13.5"
• Length from waistline to hem: 17.5"
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Unless you are petite, the belt will likely sit a bit above your natural waistline. It it not quite an empire waist, but there is a babydoll-style highness to it, so please make sure the top-of-belt measurement above will fit around your mid-ribs (just below where the underwires of a bra would sit.) We recommend measuring out a similar piece of clothing that fits you well and comparing those numbers to the measurements above to best determine fit. Model is 5'7" with a 32" bust, 24" waist, and 35" hip, and the dress fit perfectly with *just* a bit of snugness from the belt!
Brand/Label: Oscar de la Renta
Material: Metallic Brocade
Condition: Excellent! Only a couple of minor things to mention...
• some barely noticeable fabric thinning here and there (see closeup of diamond flower)
• a few tiny speck stains inside lining not visible from outside
Beautifully structured! A must-have piece for any designer vintage collection!
~~~ ••• ~~~
Socialize with us for sneak peeks, coupon codes, and more!
Instagram ~ @houseofsimpkin
Pinterest ~ pinterest.com/houseofsimpkin
• Please note we do not accept returns. Due to the irreplaceable nature of vintage items, all sales are considered final. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have sizing inquiries or if you’d like more photos! We’re happy to help you estimate a fit and provide additional details. Please see our shop policies for more information. Thank you!