With garlands of petaled flowers adorning the off-shoulder ruffle cutout, this '30s wedding dress is ready for its 2018 summer gala debut! That's right, it was a wedding dress in 1934, according to the note pinned to the belted sash of this flirty Depression era beauty. From the ruffled neckline to the tiered skirt, you'll feel like a garden party butterfly. Perfect for a guest to wear to an Art Deco themed wedding!
~ F E A T U R E S ~
• rustling lemon yellow taffeta
• sleeveless with triple-ruffle neckline
• off-shoulder ruffle drape with fixed petaled flowers
• raised waistline with sash belt (sits slightly higher than natural waist)
• smooth fit through the hips
• four-tiered skirt hem bias cut for flare
• full length
• pullover style, no closure
~ S I Z I N G ~
• Likely to best approximate a modern day women's size Extra Small, or 0-2. *Please note that even though the measurements appear to fit a larger size, this dress has no closure and is pullover-style, meaning you need to allow for room to shimmy it over your head! The cut of the fabric allows it to drape up to the measurements listed below. Mannequin is 33" x 24" x 34". Model is 5’7”. Dress has NOT been clipped back in photos.
• Bust: up to 34"
• Waist: up to 30"
• Hip: up to 38"
• Length from mid-shoulder to hem: 54.5"
• Length from waistline to hem: 41"
Material: Feels like rayon taffeta
Condition: Fair to Good! Overall in very wearable condition with a few flaws...
• one missing flower from right off-shoulder drape
• small stains and scuffs throughout
• tiny stitching gap at waist hidden by belt
• brush stain on right-side skirt hem
• water stain on back-left skirt hem
• some tiny pinholes in belt sash
• All sales are final, so please don't hesitate to ask for more photos, details, or measurements! There's still a lot of wear left in this gorgeous dress for a gal who doesn't mind some vintage scars from a dress well-loved!
~~~ ••• ~~~
Socialize with us for sneak peeks, coupon codes, and more!
Instagram ~ @houseofsimpkin
Pinterest ~ pinterest.com/houseofsimpkin
• PLEASE NOTE ALL SALES ARE CONSIDERED FINAL. We’re sorry, but due to the irreplaceable nature of vintage items, we cannot offer returns or exchanges. We want you to be happy with your purchase and we understand there is an inherent risk in buying online. Please don’t hesitate to ask for more details or photos before purchasing. Consider sizing carefully and measure out clothes you already own to compare. While we do our best to provide accurate measurements and note any flaws, occasionally our scrutiny may miss something. Let us know if this happens. We are not responsible for items that are lost in the mail or held at customs. See our shop policies for more details. All packages ship USPS Priority Mail to provide an insured, expedient delivery. If you'd like a cheaper option, just message us! Thank you!