So unusual! From Kamehameha, the vintage Hawaiian label known more for their sarong halters with nipped waists, comes this beautiful drop-waist dress with a bias cut ruffle hem. The style appears more 1920s-1930s, and though Kamehameha was founded in 1936, the label is consistent with their dresses from the 1950s. The cowl neckline drapes elegantly above a gathered bust, with a floral print of tribal medallions among what look like lehua flowers scattered over the cool cotton. Hawaiian style with an Art Deco flare!
~ F E A T U R E S ~
• beige cotton with coconut brown floral
• fuzzy-looking lehua flowers with black tribal medallions
• sleeveless with deep cowl neckline
• gathered pleats above bust
• low drop waist, almost like a shortened mermaid style
• bias cut ruffle hem skirt
• hidden pocket in right side seam
• comfortable pullover style, no closure
• slight curve-draping silhouette
~ S I Z I N G ~
• Likely to best approximate a modern day women's size Medium, or 6-8. Please see exact measurements below to determine fit. Mannequin is 33" x 24" x 34". Model is 5’7”. *Please note this dress is a loose-fitting pullover style with no closures, so you'll want to allow for room to shimmy it over your shoulders!
• Bust: 44"
• Waist: 43"
• Hip: 44"
• Length from mid-shoulder to hem: approx. 43"
• Length from drop waistline to hem: 12"
Condition: Excellent! Some very subtle color fading throughout that's barely noticeable...
• faded color blur lost in cowl neckline folds (looks like it's part of the tan floral design)
• faint storage marks near skirt seams
No other flaws found on this unique Hawaiian dress, and nothing that detracts from its Art Deco elegance!