An Art Deco wedding dress that's as delicately feminine as it was cutting edge for its time! The clean lines of this pullover-style flapper dress begin with the simple sleeveless neckline, falling to a dropped waist where an exquisite French lace overlay spills over the front of the skirt. The silk is a warm white, glowing as though lit by candles. Most striking of all is the 7.5' train that attaches at the shoulders, offsetting the delicacy of the lace as a bold statement that flouts the previous generation's proclivity for excess frills and flounce. The train removes easily for dancing at the reception, and comes with two strips of fabric that snap around the shoulder straps to hide the hook and eye attachments. If you're having a Gatsby-themed wedding, this is The One!
~ F E A T U R E S ~
• glowing candlelit ivory silk
• sleeveless with jewel style collar
• lightly gathered drop waist
• French lace overlay in skirt front
• pullover style, no closure
• seven-foot detachable train
• silk strips snap around tank straps to hide hook and eye attachments of train (when snapped, the strips still move around a bit--it's optional, but we recommend having a tailor add some extra snaps for reinforcement to ensure they stay put for all your lovely photos :) )
~ S I Z I N G ~
• Best approximates: Extra Small, Small, to Small/Medium, or 0-4, due to loose flapper cut
• Bust: loose up to 38"
• Drop waist: loose up to 41"
• Hip: full
• Length from mid-shoulder to hem: 43"
• Train length: 7.5 feet long (90")
• Train width: 14" at top widening to 19" at bottom
We recommend measuring out a similar piece of clothing that fits you well and comparing those numbers to the measurements above to best determine fit. Model is 5'7" with a 32" bust, 24" waist, and 35" hip.
Material: Silk, French Lace
Condition: Excellent! No flaws overtly noticeable with the satin sheen of the silk, but we'll list the few there are one by one so can feel confident you won't have any surprises...
• faint underarm staining
• barely perceptible discoloration on the back of the dress
• small drip stain near left seam of lace skirt
• train center-back has faint mark of discoloration
• two tiny black smudges visible at train hem
• light scuff marks underneath train not visible from outside
Please see closeups and feel free to request more pictures! This bridal set is in overall amazing condition and ready to take your breath away--and that of everyone who sees you!
See our other wedding dresses and attire in Wedding + Bridal: https://etsy.me/2JPW5Wg
Looking for something less nuptial? Check our Evening Soirée: http://etsy.me/2flY0AJ
~~~ ••• ~~~
Socialize with us for sneak peeks, coupon codes, and more!
Instagram ~ @houseofsimpkin
Pinterest ~ pinterest.com/houseofsimpkin
• Please note we do not accept returns. Due to the irreplaceable nature of vintage items, all sales are considered final. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have sizing inquiries or if you’d like more photos! We’re happy to help you estimate a fit and provide additional details. Please see our shop policies for more information. Thank you!