Slinky soft and so very fun to twirl in! Shimmering black velvet caresses your curves from the ruched bodice to the bias cut sweep at the hem. Metallic gold thread adds a subtle sparkle against coral jacquard trim at both the sweetheart neckline and double bustle in back (!bustles!). A striking evening gown that harkens to a bygone sultriness!
~ F E A T U R E S ~
• inky black velvet
• coral + gold metallic jacquard trim
• single shoulder strap on right side (may have had another at one point, but it looks asymmetrically stunning this way!)
• sweetheart neckline
• ruched bodice with boning
• nipped waist
• sweeping long skirt
• bias cut panels for extra flare when you move
• metal side zipper on left
~ S I Z I N G ~
• Likely to best fit modern day women's sizes Extra-Extra Small to Extra Small, or 00-0. Model is 5'7" with a 32" bust, 24" waist, and 35" hip.
• Bust: 30"
• Waist: 24"
• Hip: full
• Length from mid-shoulder to hem: 57"
• Length from waistline to hem: 42"
• Strap length: 14.5"
• Skirt sweep: 150" +
Material: Velvet (likely rayon); metallic jacquard trim
Condition: Excellent! Some slight fraying underneath the strap. One tiny repair at waistline and a couple of minor smudges and irregularities to the velvet. See closeup! Nothing very noticeable or that impairs the stunning wearability of this '40s gown!
~~~ ••• ~~~
Socialize with us for sneak peeks, coupon codes, and more!
Instagram ~ @houseofsimpkin
Facebook ~ facebook.com/houseofsimpkin
Pinterest ~ pinterest.com/houseofsimpkin
• PLEASE NOTE ALL SALES ARE CONSIDERED FINAL. We’re sorry, but we cannot offer returns or exchanges at this time. We want you to be happy with your purchase and we understand there is an inherent risk in buying clothing online, especially vintage. Please don’t hesitate to ask for more details or photos before purchasing. Consider sizing carefully and measure out clothes you already own to compare. While we do our best to provide accurate measurements and note any flaws, occasionally our scrutiny may miss a small thing. We cannot be held responsible for items that are lost in the mail or held at customs. If you'd like to add insurance or tracking info, do let us know! See our shop policies for more details. Thank you!