Oh, dames... This dress is a stunner! Gleaming satin the deep teal of a blue spruce pine flares from a carefully constructed nipped waist. This below-knee dress features hourglass-molding darts in front with a partial belt draping the back waist, anchored by glittering rhinestones. Most striking are the three-quarter sleeves--each features diamond-shaped cutouts down the shoulders! Bust-exaggerating darts accentuate the unique v-neck of this '50s party dress. You'll feel red carpet ready, "Mad Men" style!
~ S I Z I N G ~
• Best approximates: Medium to Medium-Large, or 6-8
• Bust: 38"
• Waist: 29"
• Hip: free
• Length from mid-shoulder to waistline: 16.5"
• Length from waistline to hem: approx. 27.5"
We recommend measuring out a similar piece of clothing that fits you well and comparing those numbers to the measurements above to best determine fit. Model is 5'7" with a 32" bust, 24" waist, and 35" hip. Dress has been lightly clipped to model's size--Dolman sleeves are looser on her than they will be on a true size Medium.
~ D E T A I L S ~
• Brand/Label: Bullocks of Wilshire
• Material: Satin--so luxurious and high quality, we think it might be real silk!
• Color(s): Deep teal blue, like the dark blue/violet of a peacock feather
• Closure: Metal zipper in back
• Condition: Very Good - Excellent! Beautiful construction with a few minor things to note...
~ barely noticeable underarm fading
~ very faint color fading down the arms
~ three tiny smudge stains near the left skirt hem (may come out with a dry cleaning!)
No major flaws on this stunning late-50s to early-60s beauty!
~~~ ••• ~~~
Socialize with us for sneak peeks, coupon codes, and more!
Instagram ~ @houseofsimpkin
Pinterest ~ pinterest.com/houseofsimpkin
• Please note we do not accept returns. Due to the irreplaceable nature of vintage items, all sales are considered final. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have sizing inquiries or if you’d like more photos! We’re happy to help you estimate a fit and provide additional details. Please see our shop policies for more information. Thank you!