Drop. Dead. Gorgeous. We could twirl in this luxurious dress all day, all night! This shimmering black velvet gown was recently deaccessioned from a historical society that dated it to the '30s or '40s. Its sexy low back leads to its most eye-catching feature: a sparkling oversized buckle made of rhinestones that sits atop a bustle-like "bow"! With a full 220" + sweep, this ballroom gown was made to be danced in! Truly breathtaking!
~ F E A T U R E S ~
• midnight velvet crushed with a silvery sheen
• sleeveless with medium-thin straps
• ruched sweetheart bust
• sexy low back--almost backless!
• two thickly gathered side panels that fasten into a bustle
• giant crystal rhinestone buckle detail
• full, sweeping skirt
• bias cut hem for that extra flare
• metal zipper closure in back
~ S I Z I N G ~
• Likely to best fit a modern day women's size Small to Medium, or 4-6. Mannequin is 33" x 24" x 34". Model is 5'7". Dress has been clipped back in photos and is shown over a crinoline (not included).
• Bust: 32"
• Waist: 26"
• Hip: full
• Length from shoulder strap to hem: 59"
• Length from waistline to hem: 44"
• Strap length over shoulders: 16"
• Skirt sweep: 220" +
Material: Velvet; Rhinestone Buckle
Condition: Incredible! There appears to be a couple hooks missing from the bustle (we can see the eye closures the hooks would have gone into), but there are enough that it still fastens. We found no other flaws on this gorgeous gown, unless you count the places where the velvet's been gently crushed that only add to its luster!
~~~ ••• ~~~
Socialize with us for sneak peeks, coupon codes, and more!
Instagram ~ @houseofsimpkin
Facebook ~ facebook.com/houseofsimpkin
Pinterest ~ pinterest.com/houseofsimpkin
*Please note all sales are considered final. We do our best to provide accurate measurements and note any flaws, but these are one-of-a-kind vintage pieces that may show signs of wear and love. Consider sizing carefully before buying. Don't hesitate to ask for more details or photos. If you feel your item is grievously inaccurate to its description, please message us. We cannot be held responsible for items that are lost in the mail or held at customs. If you'd like to add insurance or tracking info, do let us know! Thank you!*