This rare '50s bridal gown from I. Magnin & Co. is absolutely stunning with its bold lines and fine-crafted simplicity! A sleek, asymmetrical button bodice hugs your curves on top, while down below, folds upon folds of the softest silk swish against your legs from the nipped, knife-pleated waistline. Perfect for the bride who wants to be unencumbered on the dance floor, or the one who's looking for that special rehearsal or reception dress for her vintage-inspired wedding!
~ F E A T U R E S ~
• pearl white genuine silk satin
• sleeveless with v-back
• scoop neckline
• asymmetrical button front bodice
• nipped waist with drop waist on right side
• satin bow at drop waist
• dozens of tiny knife pleats gathered at waistline
• full-length sweeping skirt
• crinkly knife-pleated folds
• front closure comprised of buttons, snaps, and hook and eye
• hidden waistband inside for additional support — skirt is heavy!
• hidden bra strap holders to keep straps from moving
• hem can be let down another 4.5"
• no train — so you can wear it more than once!
~ S I Z I N G ~
• Best approximates: Extra Small to Small, or 2-4
• Bust: 35" with room for generous cups
• Waist: 23-24"
• Hip: full
• Length from mid-shoulder to hem: 58.5"
• Length from waistline to hem: 42.5"
• Hem can be let down another 4.5"
The waist is of this dress is small, but the roominess of the bust was made for a generously endowed lady! We recommend measuring out a similar piece of clothing that fits you well and comparing those numbers to the measurements above to best determine fit. Mannequin is 33" x 24" x 34". Model is 5’7”. Dress has NOT been clipped back in photos.
Brand/Label: I. Magnin & Co
Material: 100% Genuine Silk
Condition: Excellent! Freshly cleaned with minimal things to note...
• There is what appears to be a very faint irregularity in the silk near the edges of the bodice in front and back, like a subtle run. It's almost imperceptible.
• Teeny section at the bottom-right of the drop waist panel where there's a small undone stitch. Barely noticeable.
• A couple of tiny scuffs and one small faded stain in the skirt hem. Very minor, they get completely lost in the folds. See closeups and feel free to ask for more photos!
See our other wedding dresses and attire in Wedding + Bridal: https://etsy.me/2JPW5Wg
Looking for something less nuptial? Check our Evening Soirée: http://etsy.me/2flY0AJ
~~~ ••• ~~~
Socialize with us for sneak peeks, coupon codes, and more!
Instagram ~ @houseofsimpkin
Pinterest ~ pinterest.com/houseofsimpkin
• Please note we do not accept returns. Due to the irreplaceable nature of vintage items, all sales are considered final. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have sizing inquiries or if you’d like more photos! We’re happy to help you estimate a fit and provide additional details. Please see our shop policies for more information. Thank you!